We are a female-founded business that designs and crafts smart watch bands and leather accessories from vintage designer goods. We promote creativity, empowerment, and growth in a beautiful studio environment. We are built on authenticity, sustainability, and integrity, and we work to provide a unique customer experience.
We foster a culture of appreciation, productivity, respect, growth, and reward. We provide a beautiful artisan environment with music, snacks, and employee discounts. We do because we place a high value on the happiness and success of each employee. As a creative company, we thrive and grow by constantly evolving to meet the changing trends in our industry. This translates to continuous shifts and improvements in our practices and methods throughout all phases of our business, requiring our staff to remain open-minded and eager to embrace change as we evolve.
We give back to our community, practice product sustainability, and provide a white-glove experience for our customers while working on location in our studio in San Luis Obispo, CA.
- Receive, label, process, authenticate, disassemble & replenish inventory on the floor for upcycled bags.
- Adheres to our existing inventory system by placing new leathers into the proper location(s) by restocking or adding new stock into the respective area(s). As well as properly storing them for best care and longevity of the materials/leathers.
- Quality tests & documents all new materials (leather, manufactured goods and other alike) coming in, based on the QA Specialist’s specifications. Identify each leather within the established categories for product listings to identify the leather’s durability.
- Quality test & documents all new product samples as well as check each shipment, to ensure there is no discrepancy in the quality between the two.
- Product & field testing. Field testing includes coordinating field testing for other Spark*l Squad team members. Collecting and documenting data as well as identifying the testing markers.
- Based on material type, add respective material protectants before cutting into smaller leather hides for the Leather Cutters. Material protectants include but are not limited to: Leather Conditioner, Leather Sealers...etc. Based on your Quality Testing results will merit how to best process each material type.
- Maintains material-handling equipment by completing pre-use inspections; making operator repairs.
- Maintaining the highest level of quality of all materials. This includes identifying new ways to improve processes, researching and presenting them to the Logistics Manager.
- Work with the Inventory Coordinator to ensure materials are stored properly for them to restock the Production Floor or pull stock accordingly.
- Verifies shipment manifests of incoming leathers, inspects the quality of incoming leather inventory with Inventory Coordinator and ensures that it meets our quality standards. Verifies receipt of all goods ordered.
- Work with the leather cutting team to section and cut leather hides.
- Deconstruct upcycled vintage bags efficusing the utmost care to not damage the leather. The deconstructing process includes but is not limited to cleaning the leather (depending on the bag/leather type is different processes), cutting down the leather into proper size for the Leather Cutters, heat pressing the leather, and more.
- Works with the Inventory Coordinator to determine the priority of bags to disassemble, to ensure each upcycled material is fully stocked each day or Production’s use.
- Able to lift 30 pounds regularly.
- Works with the Inventory Coordinator to ensure all leather materials are fully stocked each day for Production’s use.
- Adhering to the safe use of all tools and equipment for you safety and the safety of others, without exception
- Following our safety protocols including the wearing of a safety mask when inside the building during our active COVID protocol.
- Asking for assistance if you are unclear about priorities, instructions, or materials
- Handle our boxes and shipments with great care
- Sharpen tools for the production floor. Training provided.
- Opportunities will include cross training into other jobs and roles on the studio production floor.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Miscellaneous handyman tasks.
- Ability to see fine details, stitching, and flaws in fabric and leather
- Must possess fine motor skills and ability to manipulate small hand tools
- Must take initiative. You must be self-directed and motivated to complete your daily responsibilities.
- Ability to learn and take direction
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.Ability to move freely throughout the studio, carrying rolls of leather or vintage goods
- Efficient time manager. You use your time wisely and get things done.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, and would never consider stealing. We have zero tolerance.
- Learn quickly and adjust to change without resistance.
- Train others and share your knowledge.
- Collaborate in a fun and positive work culture.
- Adhere to our safety policies at all times without exception. Your safety is paramount.
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- Time Management
- Process Improvement
- Safety Protocols
- Inventory Control
- Data Entry Skills
Support all company objectives. Embrace opportunities to collaborate, assist, and learn new skills in other departments with a smile. See and understand the big picture, and resist siloed thinking. Contribute where contribution is needed, regardless of your job description.
As needed, all staff members will be asked to participate in the production phase of creating and shipping our products during peak seasons. Please be prepared to accept overtime requests during those days or weeks and join us in meeting the high demand for our spectacular products!
All staff members will be asked to participate in the production phase of creating and shipping our products during peak seasons. Between Thanksgiving and our shipping deadline in mid-December, no vacation time will be granted and all staff members will be asked to accept overtime requests. Please be prepared to accept overtime during these and other times of high demand for our spectacular products, and join your teammates as we appreciate working together through another wonderful season of Spark*l.
- Full-Time position in our Headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA (onsite position)
- Sick and Holiday Pay available upon start date
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits available after initial waiting period
- 10 days paid vacation after 1 year of continuous employment.
Spark*l is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We believe in personnel processes that are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or military service status, or other protected characteristic, making us an equal opportunity employer beyond what is required by law. We do this because it’s the right thing to do. It’s just who we are. All staff members will be asked to participate in the production phase of creating and shipping our products during peak seasons. Between Thanksgiving and our shipping deadline in mid-December, no vacation time will be granted and all staff members will be asked to accept overtime requests. Please be prepared to accept overtime during these and other times of high demand for our spectacular products, and join your teammates as we appreciate working together through another wonderful season of Spark*l.