Customize Your Band
Quality & Production Technician
The Quality & Production Technician will perform the required duties as outlined in this job
description. This position ensures that products meet the established standards set by
Spark*l, as well as help establish new standards as new products or needs arise. Duties
include maintaining strong quality control of products adhering to our luxury brand’s quality,
reliability, and performance for our customer while sitting down and inspecting each product
individually before it ships out to the customers. Inspection of products is part of the job with
the obligation to report and document findings. This position is a dual role and is a part of the
production team and may be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
All staff members will be asked to participate in the production phase of creating and shipping our products during peak seasons. Between the Black Friday and our shipping deadline in mid-December, no vacation time will be granted and all staff members will be asked to accept overtime requests. Please be prepared to accept overtime during these and other periods of high demand for our spectacular products, and join your teammates as we appreciate working together through another wonderful season of Spark*l.
- Ensuring every Spark*l product upholds our brand’s standards for quality by running the QA process.
- Create quality measurements to track improvement in products
- Develop and maintain quality assurance standards, company processes for product quality, reliability and performance.
- Adhere to industry quality and safety standards
- Ensure products adhere to our luxury brand by meeting/surpassing customer expectations and demand by providing high value/quality products.
- Create reports documenting errors and issues for fixing
- Work closely with the development team to improve existing products
- Partnering with Shipping to ensure each product is placed in its proper box with the order number to ensure it finds its proper new home.
- Respectfully and clearly communicate with the respective production leaders and/or team members on what is needed if the quality of the product is not up to standards or inline with the customer’s order.
- Diligently document everything.
- Continually analyze and create efficiencies.
- Effectively communicating the needs of the customer with the production line team.
- Effectively communicate needs for changes with other departments, to support both improving the quality assurance as well as the return rate.
- Design creative ways to inspire the team to hit quality assurance goals as well as improving the return rate goals.
- Work with the design team to ensure new designs uphold our quality standards in both quality of the product as well as sizing.
- Create processes for quality assurance for new products and materials.
- Work with the Logistics team to test quality for new products and materials.
- Coordinate with other production line managers to lead quality assurance training.
- Maintain an eye for improving the company overall.
These goals are a collective team effort, as the entire Spark*l Squad impacts these numbers. As a team, we are to brainstorm and work together to collectively improve the customer’s valued experience with Spark*l.
- Improve the return rate to be 6% or less, within 6 months.
- Improve the return rate to be 5% or less within 12 months.
- Consistently remain at 5% or less return rate hereafter.
- Obtain and maintain a minimum of a 2 week turnaround time for all orders.
- Lead & coordinate fun and inspirational goals for quality assurance along the
Required Skills & Abilities
- High attention to detail in every manner
- High level of follow-through
- High level of organization
- Create efficiencies
- Lead by example
- Able to memorize the various accessories, leather types, and customizations we offer
- Keep a creative, clean and safe work environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excited, engaged and positive communication style
- Solution oriented
- Uphold Spark*l’s core values of integrity, honesty, transparency and authenticity.
- Create a safe space for both yourself and for your teammates.
- Always ensure your and your teammates practice and uphold Spark*l’s safety standards at all times.
- Sit and inspect each product to ensure it passes all QA standards before it transfers over to the shipping station. If the product does not pass the QA standards, it’s to be recorded and returned accordingly.
Education & Experience:
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs at times.
We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. We believe in personnel processes that are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, or military service status, or other protected characteristic, making us an equal opportunity employer beyond what is required by law. We do this because it’s the right thing to do. It’s just who we are.
All staff members will be asked to participate in the production phase of creating and shipping our products during peak seasons. Between Thanksgiving and our shipping deadline in mid-December, no vacation time will be granted and all staff members will be asked to accept overtime requests. Please be prepared to accept overtime during these and other times of high demand for our spectacular products, and join your teammates as we appreciate working together through another wonderful season of Spark*l.